Wednesday, November 15, 2006

How is a credit grade different from a credit score or credit rating?

A Prosper credit grade is a letter grade that Prosper assigns you based on your credit score, for use solely in the Prosper marketplace. Prosper obtains your Experian ScoreX PLUS™ credit score from your credit report, and assigns one of eight credit grades.

Here is a table that shows the equivalent credit scores for Prosper credit grades:

Grade: AA A B C D E HR NC
Score: 760
and up
720-759 680-719 640-679 600-639 540-599 Up to 539 No credit
score


Your credit grade is posted with your loan listing to help lenders plan their bids appropriately. Your numerical credit score is never displayed or disclosed to anyone.

Note: Having Prosper obtain your credit grade won't affect your credit score! Although we are making a request for your credit score, we're doing so at your instruction so no inquiries viewable by subsequent users of your credit report will be placed in your credit file. That means your credit score won't be affected when you register or post a listing. Only if you obtain a loan through Prosper will an inquiry that others can see be placed in your credit file.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I

would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have

enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Betty


http://www.my-foreclosures.info

Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!
 

Blogger Templates by Bloganol